View post (where do songs come from?)

View thread

TheWizard
TheWizard
02/22/2004 7:05 am
Originally posted by Hammurabi
I've never had any problems writing lyrics. The trouble is getting other people to understand my lyrics or, if they understand them, getting them to not think I'm crazy.

I do crazy stuff like write about god by mixing in the feelings from an incident when I woke up after an unimaginably painful surgery (let's just say it couldn't happen to a girl) and was staring at the bright lights on the ceiling unable to move and how sound distorts in wierd ways when you're in that much pain along with elements of a very vivid dream I had of a dad shoving his kid off the sidewalk into a busy highway because the kid wouldn't shut up. And that was one hell of a run-on sentance.

thats really messed up dude

have you ever heard the twisted sister song "under the knife" its about waking up during surgery... not cool

anyway, lyrics and music isn't that hard to write for me, especially the bluesy stuff, its just the melodies I take for ever to figure out

I hate when words just folow the music not for note, but sometimes its really hard to figure out the melody over a weird riff or chord
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...