View post (where do songs come from?)

View thread

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/09/2004 6:58 am
I've never had any problems writing lyrics. The trouble is getting other people to understand my lyrics or, if they understand them, getting them to not think I'm crazy.

I do crazy stuff like write about god by mixing in the feelings from an incident when I woke up after an unimaginably painful surgery (let's just say it couldn't happen to a girl) and was staring at the bright lights on the ceiling unable to move and how sound distorts in wierd ways when you're in that much pain along with elements of a very vivid dream I had of a dad shoving his kid off the sidewalk into a busy highway because the kid wouldn't shut up. And that was one hell of a run-on sentance.

That's actually about the easiest song of mine to make sense of/interpret when you know the stories, besides one I don't think would be a good idea to describe here. I'm not exactly a christian artist, as you've probably noticed.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.