can I put a string that popped out of the saddle back in without any problems?

TheTrooper
TheTrooper
02/03/2004 3:10 am
I just went to the shop and got my guitar setup for free. I got strings put on, but apparently the guys a jackass and doesnt know how to put strings in. anyway when I got home I was using the whammy bar( by the way its a floyed rose guitar) and the d string popped off, can I put it back in the saddle and tighten the nut?
# 1
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
02/03/2004 4:32 am
Yeah you should be able to... it's not like the string broke or anything....

You know my ol lady used to have an issue with her g string popping.... I just told her to get rid of it all together and we are both happier for it.. LOL couldn't resist....
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 2
gordie allen
gordie allen
02/07/2004 8:35 am
You are going to have to get some tools to learn how to fix the string on YOUR floyd that the IDIOT at the store could not do . First ,When stringing your guitar always wrap about 5times around the tuning peg as this will be your reserve of string . @ unlock the nut and unwind about 1 half inch of string off the peg . 3now relock the nut . u now should have enough string to go past the insert of the bridge . 4 unlock the bridge, unwind the screwlock almost out of the bridge.5 if your bridge is quite new the block(lock) should move easily and the string pinching area should be checked for any bits of the old string .6 with clippers cut about one eighth of a inch off the string to ensure a clean end ( if it is a wound string ,it must be cut back too a clean end of full size )7insert the string to the bottom of the slot in front of the block , now tighten the block while making sure the string stays all the way to the bottom of the hole .8 Now go up to the nut and unlock it and wind the string back up to a the tuned note . ( before lockin the nut make sure the bridge adjuster is about halfway between full down and all the way up . This gives you room to tune after u lock down . Note all floyds tend to crack the block after a while so I have a small flathead skrewdriver that I have to shove in and wiggle the block back to clear it and relode the string , I,ve played for thousands of hours with these broken blocks and the system still works fine . so if it happens don,t panic . hope this helps . TOOLS the allen wrench , a string winder , wire clippers , someday a small driver .

# 3
gordie allen
gordie allen
02/07/2004 8:41 am
When I play at night I reload the Strings into the floyd every day . I do about six nights on a set . I never break strings this way . If I don,t reload them I will break A string at usually the worst time .
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.