Digital recorder

MadGuitarest
MadGuitarest
01/31/2004 10:41 pm
How does a digital recorder work, do you just plug your instrument into it and play then get the drummer mics into it than bass and then put them together???????/
Mike ;)
# 1
I Suffer
I Suffer
02/01/2004 2:50 am
Its acutally pretty damn confusing. The manual to my 16 digi track, is bascially the size of " war & peace". And the people who wrote it are techy's , not musicians,lol. When i first got mine, i had my music teacher look at it. Now he went to the manhatten school of music, has tons of degrees and whatnot. Him and myself sat there, looking at each other just saying " i dont get it....".

We finally figured it out.But yes, you plug your instruments, or mic it...and record into the machine. There's a certain procedure you have to follow though.

Then you can always go back and edit it if you dont like something. Once you get all your tracks in, you have to do a mix down. You can add effects, fix the tone ( mids- hi's- lows etc).totally produce it up, same as in a studio. Many options.

once you do the mix down, you can use the internal cd burner, and burn yourself a copy.

# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/01/2004 3:48 pm
One of the best things about the digital recording studios is that they are self contained and you don't have to worry about hooking up outboard gear like mic pre amps, cables, impedance matching bla bla

All you need is a set of monitors a mic or two and you are good to go.

I used to have a Korg D1600 and still have a D1200. Both are good bits of kit.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.