View post (old people)

View thread

indianaracer
indianaracer
02/01/2004 9:11 pm
Listen here, you young punks ! I'm going to attain the age of 60 years in September. I am proud of it ! I was playing guitar and was an opening act (locally) for some of the grooviest combos of the early-mid 1960's. Remember the 60's, punk ? Oh, I guess not, as you were still a wet dream in your father's mind. Regardless of what you think, you have not cornered the market on "being young" or playing guitar or even skate boarding, for that matter. They all existed BEFORE YOU WERE BORN, DUDE ! Granted, folks from another generation can get on your nerves or be irritating. But it's not because of their age. It's because their "ways" are different. They were raised up in a different time. Better listen up.....cause "your generation's ways" are gonna be laughed at in a few years, when YOU get older. And trust me, you WILL get older. And it will happen much faster than you want it to. As you get older and older and older, your generation's "ways" will become more and more of a joke. Better learn to have a little understanding for folks of another "time", because in about the year 2040, the youngsters are going to be talking about how those old foggie's get on their nerves or are irritating........and they's gonna be talkin' at you, dude !
P.S. In 2040, be sure to check back at this forum and I'll have a pic of a 96 year old geezer "chompin' his "Strat"....and that'll be me. 'Nuff said ?
"Get high on life & family"