DD-3-Direct Out

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
01/30/2004 2:45 am
What do I plug the direct out into? I plugged the direct out into the input of my amp, but it didn't work.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/30/2004 3:35 am
The direct out will only produce a signal if there's a plug in the Output jack. You can put a dummy cable in there, and then it'll work. It's really designed for a stereo effect.

However, I did read on this site some suggestions for DD-3 settings, and one was a sitar effect which involved turning the Feedback know down to about 2 or 3 repeats and the Delay time to a short delay. Then, plug a dummy cable (that means any old cable with the other end unplugged) into the Direct Out, and another patch cord from Output into your amp. Sounds really cool.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
01/30/2004 3:40 am
Ya i was doing that. Got it from the BOSS website. I just don't get the dumby cable thing. how does it produce a stereo effect?
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 3
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/30/2004 4:10 am
Well, if both the Output and the Direct Out are hooked up to amps, the Output will only output the delayed signal and the Direct Out will output only the "dry" signal, or what you're actually playing.

If you plug a dummy cable in the Direct Out and feed the Output to your amp and set up the dials like I described above, then only the delayed signal will output to your amp. That makes it sound really interesting... must be heard for the coolness to be fully understood.

Hope that makes sense!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.