MAgNet

concrete chaos
concrete chaos
01/28/2004 8:42 am
what if u played with a magnet insted of a pick.

[im afraid of actually trying this cus it might screw up the pick ups.]

but theoretically what could happen, seeing that i cant really figure it my self since i dunno what exactly is going inside. like what would happen to the polarities or summin,

[stupid topic]?

maybe :cool:
'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria
# 1
blueturk
blueturk
01/28/2004 7:45 pm
Similarly charged magnets will repel each other, opposites attract. I would think that the magnetic charge on your pickups wouldn't be strong enough to affect your playing. I don't know if it would alter the sound or not, probably throw some static in there. Sounds like it would be a worthwhile experiment if you could find a magnet to use as a pick.

I don't think it would mess up the charge on your pickups, it would take a serious electrostatic charge to demagnetize the poles.

Let me know if you ever give it a shot and get interesting results.
# 2
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
01/28/2004 9:43 pm
Why did you think of doing something like that anyway , wether it's similar or unlike polarities (the pick and the pickup) the magnetic field will certainly affect the motion of the magnetic pick , making it harder to control.
The magnetic field will also dampen the strings quicker , that means less sustain .

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's going to leave a permanent effect on your pickups magnets ... As I recall, magnets can be demagnetized by extreme heat , hitting them very hard and other stuff I don't remember.
# 3
concrete chaos
concrete chaos
01/29/2004 8:26 am
: Why did you think of doing something like that anyway :

cus thats the way i think. Yea well maybe ill try it someday its just an experiment.

'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.