View post (other hobbies?)

View thread

u10ajf
u10ajf
02/01/2004 6:35 pm
I'm a wildlife fanatic, particularly interested in birds. I find evolutionary biology fascinating and love finding how different animals and plants are adapted to their environments. I love cycling. I enjoy reading a mixture of fiction and popular science.
I also aim to become a mnemonist and be able to remember long sequences of numbers just so I can write that down in my CV and appear to be far cleverer than I actually am. There is a method you see. If you're interested then go to the following link and download some brilliant free software: http://got2know.net/2Know/index.html this link also explains herigone's mmemonic system which is the basis of the software system but which can be used independently of any software.
I also aim to learn the Trachtenberg system of basic mathematics because it's reputedly possible for total morons to use it to accomplish scary fast arithmetic. This would also look good on my CV.
I can write with two hands simultaneously but find it very difficult. I was surprised to find that slowdriver does the same! Apparently Leonardo Da Vinci used to do it also. It's mentally rather tiring.
I also enjoy writing and, even just the process of typing because I'm so good at it!
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?