warmoth guitars

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/26/2004 2:22 pm
here's the deal, I can't find a guitar exactly like I want, and I don't want to buy a cheap guitar and modify it. So, I've turned to warmoth as an option. Can anybody help me out with this idea? this is how I want the guitar:

top routed swamp ash strat body
hardtail bridge - chrome
S-S-S pickup arrangment
LSR roller nut
Schaller Mini Locking Tuners - chrome
black chrome knobs
Aluminum Checker Plate/Formica - pickguard
black and silver chameleon/flip flop paint(if possible)
maple neck w/ ebony fretboard
SD Duckbucker N/M and Lil' 59er B
ss6105 frets

Are there any other company's than could do this better than warmoth? or would they be a safe bet?

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/26/2004 6:47 pm
Thanks for the reply. I plan on haveing it "universally" routed so I can use single's or humbuckers. As far as the bridge pup goes, what kind of pup would you suggest that will have a vintage LPish humbucker sound and can be tapped to get a single coil sound? Also, what would be a good humbucker that would do the same? Would it be possible to get a set of humbuckers that I could get something like Slash's LP tone, but still tap them and get a Hendrix/SRV single coil tone? Ideally that would be exactly what I would want, but I don't know if the tapped humbucker's will get closenough to the true single coil tone.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/26/2004 11:11 pm
For some reason I'm thinking Duncan has something like what you're looking for, but don't quote me on it.

It may be a good idea to just throw in a single coil pickup or two from kinman or deville.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
01/27/2004 2:02 am
duncan has the pearly gates and the paf pro. Both are sweet.

So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/27/2004 2:11 am
I was bored not too long ago and designed a hypothical custom guitar with what they have at warmoth, it was about $2000. Considering if it was from any other company it would have been well over twice that, they at least price right.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.