Need new multi effects unit

TheDirt
TheDirt
01/24/2004 6:54 pm
Well, approximately 3 years ago I got an RP200, and it has served me well. It was used as my gigging effects unit all that time, and it took a beating during shows, transportation, etc. It has finally died (it's really dead, I've fixed it before when simple soldering was needed, but now the strip connecting the expression pedal to the rest of the board ripped). I need a new effects pedal before my next gig (February 7th). I could just get another RP200, but I was wondering what you guys think I should get. Oh, my budget is anything up to $500.

Suggestions?
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
01/24/2004 8:10 pm
Personally have never used them, but try BOSS. They make a few different ones.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
Digit
Digit
01/24/2004 9:35 pm
Just a suggestion but try looking around for a used Boss multieffects unit.
The old ones (as far as I can tell) are basically the same as the new ones as far as the sounds and presets go... the only difference is the new ones seem to be made more cheaply... ie, lots of plastic.
For instance, I bought a used ME-5 that's just as good as any of the new ones they make and it was less than $100 on eBay.
Also...useful suggestion from the incredible Schmange... buy a thing called RedBox Cabinetulator.
(look it up with Google)
You place it in the effects loop and it gives you a simulated cabinet sound so you can record guitar direct. It totally takes that 'cheese' sound you usually get from effects units and makes it sound like a Marshal cabinet or whatever.

# 3
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/24/2004 10:16 pm
Check out the Boss ME-50. I'm checking it out these days, too, as an alternative to the GT-6, which I feel has too many useless effects for my purposes.

Here's the Harmony Central review: Click here.

Basically, it's a bunch of stompboxes put together. No menus, no complicated settings, just a bunch of knobs and a red one-character LCD. It seems that the one complaint against it is the lack of a graphic EQ.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 4
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
01/25/2004 4:30 pm
Have you guys heard about the new Boss GS-10 ,Seems to be very cool.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.