Tennis. The Epitome Of Monotony.

Seve420
Seve420
01/23/2004 1:27 pm
The Australian Open is on and is everywhere I look. Everyone is all excited about it but am I the only one who finds this sport a f*cking bore? Is this another McDonalds type thing, with everyone being deceived, as they are somehow the most succesful restaurant/fast food company and everyone seems to eat there despite the obvious fact that the food tastes sh*t?

Any sport that the crowd is told to shut up is a load of bullsh*t sport. It is even more irritating that the crowd applauds when the umpire/referee/wanker with socks pulled up to his knees with roman sandals on over them/official tells them to turn off their mobile phones.

Tennis enthusiasts would probably say that it is a sport thats more fun to be played than watched but the only fun I've had that involved tennis was during Physical Education, when we were being taught tennis, hitting random objects around with the racket and eventually hitting some kid, in class at an open window, in the face with an apple.

Does anyone else have a similar opinion towards this ghastly 'sport'?
Latest News: Bird and bee have sex with disastrous results
# 1
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/23/2004 1:31 pm
Its a largely elitest sport I think, or so it seems in the UK. We have this one player "Tim Hennman", the guy sucks, hasnt won anything yet our media kiss his ass like hes your average joe on the street whose made a career in the sport through hard work and determination. But in all honesty the guy is a 26 year old mummies boy who is rolling in it, he grew up with two tennis courts in this back garden!
The sport sucks because the wealth have a massive advantage, it might not be apparent now but it will soon!

Also so far as sports its so linear! The ball goes back and forth... some times it can be hit hard.. sometimes slow.. some times high.. sometimes low... and thats about it :rolleyes:
# 2
sambob
sambob
01/23/2004 3:16 pm
I think its very fun to play (good excercise too), but I don't enjoy watching it.
# 3
SPL
SPL
01/23/2004 4:23 pm
Man it must really bug you to actually dedicate a discussion to it! Relax dude, chill!

The only time I'm interested in tennis is either when my two Belgian girls are kicking ass(a.k.a. reaching the last rounds), or I'm playing it myself...

I don't get all the excitement around the Superbowl, nor the World Cup for soccer...

Conclusion: watching sports is boring as f*ck!

# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/23/2004 5:30 pm
I never took notice of tennis until Anna Kornikouva came along. I still don't watch tennis, but I watch her an awful lot. :D
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
Slasher
Slasher
01/23/2004 7:24 pm
I really couldn't give a s***t bout tennis.
Remember, the chickens that fly will always beat the rubber plants that bounce!
# 6
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/23/2004 8:41 pm
Tennis and golf are not what they call "spectator sports." They're fun to play, but not fun to watch.

I really only enjoy watching hockey and football. Hockey is fast paced and there's a lot of action. Hockey is like the best of all sports. There's awesome goals, guys getting smashed into the boards, there is fighting, and it's a great strategy game.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 7
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
01/23/2004 10:02 pm
I find all mainstream sports(football,soccer,baseball,basketball,hockey)insanely boring.Ive always wondered what drives people to have 'team spirit' and get exited about 'thier' team winning.Fans most likley go to,or watch games to see thier fav player do good and win on thier behalf.
Like as a stock broker goes to wallstreet on behalf of an un-savy investor.

I just pointed the gun on myself and asked 'Why do I support my favorite bands by listening and going to shows?Do I want them to play on my behalf?'...well theres no 'win and lose' in music(well mabey competitions),but I simply enjoy the music and have respect for those who create it.

I guess some people simply enjoy the game and respect those who play it...

Try once,fail twice...
# 8
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/23/2004 11:34 pm
I love NCAA sports more than professional sports. I think it's because I go to a Division I school and the athletes don't get paid.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 9
Slasher
Slasher
01/24/2004 12:42 am
Sport!!! Sport!!!!! SPort!!!!!! SPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya, its all bout how many beers you can drink n your chops man!!!!
ps. I'm drunk
Remember, the chickens that fly will always beat the rubber plants that bounce!
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.