View post (What do you think of black/death metal?)

View thread

SPL
SPL
01/19/2004 4:19 pm
Originally posted by finger_cruncher
Moreover, my main concern with this type of music (and others as well) is that 99.9% of it is based on image and little talent. Whatever happened to just good ole' plain metal (i.e. early Metallica)? These black/death metal bands would rather spend their time practicing evil looks in front of a mirror than sitting down and creating good music.

That's an arrogant and ignorant statement. If you were trying to express your personal opinion here, you failed miserably, because all I see are blanket statements.

I'm personally offended because I used to play in a death metal band and was involved in the underground scene quite a bit. Image was truly the last thing those guys care about, they have nobody to impress... Talent, well, who needs talent when you're more concerned about having fun at what you're doing? Isn't that what music is all about in the first place? And practising evil looks? That's probably the funniest thing I've read in quite a long time... When it comes to creating good music, that can be a very subjective thing. It sounds to me like you just don't like this particular style of music, which is fine, but learn how to express your opinion as an opinion in order to avoid flaming wars that don't do anybody any good.