Beat Problem

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
01/16/2004 1:09 am
I'm having trouble finding the right beat for a song that I have written. I have it all recorded on my computer using MAGIX. I want to know if there is options on MAGIX that will determine the beat of the song for me.

I am using Fruity Loops 3 for a drum machine. Anyway I can use that to determine the beat?
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
01/16/2004 6:27 am
well - you have to count dude - find the 1 and cont to the next 1 - simply slap you hand on the table along with the piece. when you are familliar with the different types of beats and how to count them, it should be no problen to find out.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
01/16/2004 3:19 pm
Not to be a pessimist, but the bad thing about drum sequencers is they play to a strict tempo. The tempo of a song should be pre-determined. So if you didn't record the other music to a metronome, then a drum sequence will always be off. If you didn't do that, record the guitar parts to a metronome, make note of the tempo, then apply the same tempo to the drum sequence. Then it should be very easy to figure out a drum part and the part will be in time with the music.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 3
SPL
SPL
01/16/2004 3:52 pm
Always put down the drum track, or at least a click track, down first!
It's really easy to play guitar to a drum track, but it's very hard to do the opposite.

I'd say, figure out what tempo whatever you recorded is in, prepare a drum track, and re-record you music using that drum track as a guide.

OR, hook up a MIDI keyboard to your PC, and try actually playing the drum track along with your recording. I definitely do not recommend going this way though.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.