View post (What would you do??)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
01/13/2004 2:23 pm
Some long drawn out chords common to worship music are sus2 and add9 chords.

A lot of worship songs contain the high E and/or B strings as drone strings through chord progressions.

For example: "You Are Holy" is technically E, Asus2, F#m7add11, Bsus4 to B for the verse, then Asus2, Bsus4, C#m7, E for the chorus

But Mr. Dirt, I don't know those chords!! - you can more easily look at it like this... leave the high B and E strings open the whole time and play E, A, F#m, B, then A, B, C#m, E. Just don't put a finger down on the E or B strings. This makes for some interestingly named chords, but it's just due to drone strings.

Find out the key of the music, then think about I ii iii IV V vi (the most common diatonic chords, but mainly I, IV, V), and consider the possibility of drone strings, sus2 and add9 chords. This should get you through most basic songs.

"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster