What now?

Talyn
Talyn
01/12/2004 4:14 am
Well...I'm not actually new, just new to this site, I want to get better at the guitar but I don't know what to learn next. I can already play some creed, like Higher, with arms wide open, and like 3 doors down, "here without you", but I want to learn to do harmonics really well and play solos, as well some improv, and something to help with my songwriting, all I can really read is tabs, anyone with a suggestion at what I should look at next?, I can figerpick fairly well and play classical. but I cant read notes.

Thanks, Talyn
# 1
Guitarking411
Guitarking411
01/12/2004 7:51 am
If you want to get better at playing harmonics i recommend learning to play megadeth's tornado of soals even if you are not into them there is still some good harmonic parts that you can practice.As for solos try clicking on the easy section in the upper left hand corner there are a ton of really good exercizes in there that you can play and even improve on if you like.One of the best ways to get better at improviseing is SCALES play them all the time to and use them to come up with your own lines.I hope this helps even a little there are so many ways to learn everything its hard to pick where to go next.Search around on this site and you will find all kinds of great tips and tricks to play and most important of all have fun :)

# 2
Talyn
Talyn
01/12/2004 3:07 pm
Thanks, a lot, I'll be sure to remember all of that, I think that it will be a good path to go on for now :-).
# 3
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
01/12/2004 4:13 pm
Practice and improvise. Learn your scales and theory. Try to find other musicians to jam with. Never give up!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.