pickup selecter push buttons

2tone_guy
2tone_guy
01/09/2004 1:42 am
is there any way i can mod my strat pickup selecter so that its just 3 push buttons that activate individual pickups... the desired effect is obviously any combination of pickup. thanks in advance/.
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/09/2004 8:39 am
Replace your pots with the type that have push-pull swithces.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
the fool
the fool
01/10/2004 4:27 am
you can also check out http://www.guitarnuts.com- they have a lot of wicked mods in their site that you might be interested at.
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 3
the fool
the fool
01/10/2004 4:29 am
i mean, this link: http://www.guitarnuts.com/index.php
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 4
2tone_guy
2tone_guy
01/10/2004 12:21 pm
i was browsing last night, i saw this guitar on this site
http://www.strat-central.com . go to cbs 80's and look at the stratocaster elite. push buttons all there.. thats the kind of thing i'm looking for.. i wonder if i can trace an old lefthanded one.....
# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/12/2004 3:38 am
I suggested push-pull pots because that would not require carving out the guitar body.

The descriptions of the Elite on that website didn't sound like an enthusiastic recommendation!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 6
2tone_guy
2tone_guy
01/12/2004 9:11 pm
carving the guitar is not a problem.. i'm a carpentry student :D i'm not actually sure what you mean by those switches you mentioned, and yes,,, that strat elite got heftily slated on another site too.. its not good news. haha.
# 7
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/13/2004 4:06 am
About those pots with built-in switches...

Click here.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 8
the fool
the fool
01/13/2004 5:31 am
hey lordathestrings, if you don't mind, can you help me name those chords that i posted in the tab forum? It's just urgent. You see, because I've been playing the guitar for 9 years self taught, I tend to play many chords that I don't know the name of. It poses no problem to me when I'm playing by myself, but if I'm playing with a band and I actually have to write down the actual chords name so the band can play what I'm playing, I often find myself having trouble. I'd really appreciate it. thanks

# 9
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/13/2004 7:20 am
Originally posted by the fool
... You see, because I've been playing the guitar for 9 years self taught, I tend to play many chords that I don't know the name of. It poses no problem to me when I'm playing by myself, but if I'm playing with a band and I actually have to write down the actual chords name so the band can play what I'm playing, I often find myself having trouble...
I'm in the same boat, except that I've been playing self-taught since '68.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 10
the fool
the fool
01/13/2004 7:58 am
Wow! Sometimes I wish I wasn't born too far ahead. I believe the 70's were the best era- the golden age of rock and roll. You'll be amazed of how much old stuff I play at my age- I even do tom jones and engelbert humperdinck stuff lol. My band does a lot of covers from 50's to 60's (and some 30's like Loius Prima and stuff)- we often find ourselves playing at dances, halls, and fundraisers and stuff. I like a lot of 50s, 60s, and 70s stuff. In fact, my brain is so old- the 80's is just getting in to me right now. The 90's and the current stuff hasn't made any appeal to me yet- maybe when I'm 40? Sometimes I wonder if I'm an old man trapped inside a man's body... But again, sometimes, I'm satisified that I was born in the 80's because there's a lot of hot chicks my age. Hmmm...

# 11
the fool
the fool
01/13/2004 8:02 am
... and i'm the lead singer too (why do I have a feeling that that comment have somehow started something that was already a much debated topic in an old post?)

# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.