Mattias IA Eklundh

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/07/2004 10:40 am
Has anyone here ever heard of this guy? I got his album, freak guitar a little over a week ago. Man am I impressed...floored is a better word. If instrumental guitar rock is your thing, this should definately be on your "must have" list. You can check out his site at: http://www.freakguitar.com/ click on the music link and he has samples from the album posted. I recommend:

"Apparatus" - cool rock groove
"La Bamba" - for laughs
"When Sam Played It Again" - killer arps, jazzy feel
"Friday Afternoon" - those aren't effects, that's him playing
"Time to Breath" - a nice looooong mellow one
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 1
progg
progg
01/07/2004 11:30 am
Yeah. He makes the weirdest sounds. Really fun to watch. He has atleast one video out there. Can't remember the name of it though. A Swede on top of it *cheers* =)
Don't look at me, swan!
# 2
sambob
sambob
01/07/2004 9:42 pm
I think you need to be a little more specific.

Instrumental ROCK?

Not quite.

I do like Mattias Eklundh a lot though, although I don't much care for his album Freak Guitar. There are some good tracks on it, but unlike Ron Thal.. many of them just seem to be unifinished songs that I felt like throwing on there. I would compare it to Buckethead, but although his solo albums tend to have lots of little short songs, most of those are just for comedic value as far as I can tell.

If you want to hear Mattias Eklundh doing something a little more meaningful, check out his band Freak Kitchen, they have several albums out. I wouldn't quite call it heavy metal, maybe "quirky" metal.

Also a lot of people seem to think this guys new on the music scene, but not so! Freak Kitchen's first album (and my favorite by them) came out in 1994.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.