View post (Help!!! What ibanez rg model to choose????)

View thread

janir123
janir123
01/07/2004 1:01 pm
I think Ibanezes are great guitars. I've had 3 of them so far. My first was a korean EX-series which was a great bang for the buck. My second was a japanese 540R Pro which was a beutiful axe I wish I never sold. Currently I'm having a RG770 Deluxe loaded with DiMarzio Evolutions and that one I'm going to keep. All of them have been late '80's to early '90's guitars and all of them I've bought used.
I suggest you looking for a used (or new if you can afford it) japanese RG. Older 500 or 700- series or newer 1500- to
3000- series prestiges. As for the Prestige you mentioned I have a little doubt that it is a Prestige. They started making them 1996 and back then the only model was the all-green 3070. Their prices were above $1500. Only the newer ones which replaced the older 500- series (now called 1550 and 1570) are so called cheaper Prestiges. That canary yellow color indicates that it's originally a late '80's 550 or 450 with a replacement neck. Doesn't matter though as I'm sure it's a great guitar. If you like Ibanez then you should get one. Someone like Jacksons, some Deans and some something else. From where I look at it, they're not better or worse one compared to another, just different. For me it's always been Ibanez and I have to say that if it's in your mind that Ibanez is the one you want then that's what you should get. The decision is only yours and no-one elses. I've played them all and I always end getting back to Ibanez no matter what everyone else says I should get.

There..sorry for the long post
Thanks

Jani