View post (Help!!! What ibanez rg model to choose????)

View thread

hkusp74
hkusp74
01/07/2004 10:48 am
I definately plan on keeping the B.C, as it is a fixed bridge attempt (all in one bridge and talipiece). I wish I had the money to upgrade the pup's, but is the guitar really worth it?? The neck is good, although the medium frets are not my style, it is not warped or worn at all and is very fast! (rosewood BTW). The agathis body (is it plywood?!?!?!?!) has no dents or even scratches so I plan on using this as a backup since the cheap tuning gears manage to stay in tune. The pups are muddy, but I never planned on playing this guitar as my #1. The reason I want an Ibanez is beacause of the quality control, (whether it be Korean or Japan model) as it is still better than other import QC checks (I've heard Jackson has American QC checks, but I don't believe that wholeheartedly). If/When I get my Ibanez, I will take the pups from that and put the, in my BC. I am glad that everyone put in there 2 cents in reference to the RG models, but I cannot afford the prestige models unless they are used. Are the stock lower model RG's that bad compared to what I have (Bronze B.C Rich) and the prestige models. I can afford to put in an extra $100 here and there if I go ahead and get the lower RG's. As a side note, I have been working on speedy 2 octave major scale runs... does anyone have advise on whether to use the altenate fingering patterns starting on pattern 1:

_356 E or the standard fingering as far as metal leads??
_356 B
_235 G
_235 D
_135 A
_135 E