View post (Another pickup question)

View thread

the fool
the fool
01/11/2004 4:44 am
I don't know of anymore guitars that use them- most of the guitars that I know that use them are no- name, custom made guitars. If you're comfortable ordering online though, I know http://www.bigdguitars.com sells them the cheapest- for a quarter of the price that Gibson sells them. I also know that torres engineering has their own version- the deluxe varitone- its a bit more expensive than bigdguitar's and less expensive than the Gibson ones, but this is the best one that i know off- you can get more cool sounds than other varitones. I was actually planning on installing it on my lp hollowbody but the guys over there that their varitone fits a variety of guitars except Gibson les paul models because there's a lot of routing required. Now, only problem is, I don't know if its going to fit your guitar. But don't lose hope- it can be done. I've seen a couple of modded Gibson lps with varitone switches- I just don't know if they're using torres ones though. Try emailing them and ask if their deluxe varitone can fit your guitar. They reply pretty quick- won't take more than a day.
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"