View post (Tom Morello and stuff)

View thread

progg
progg
01/03/2004 4:36 pm
To me it seems like a lot of people don't think he's not much of a guitarist. Maybe not a raving shredder but I find his riffs awesome to say atleast. IMO the RATM debutalbum is a masterpiece. Very much kick-ass to say atleast. Do one have to play like the big shredders to be a good guitarists? I certainly don't think so. I find them the ones making lousier music than many that don't do anything just to be a bitchin player with superiour techniques. Slash have done quite awesome songs for instance, IMO again, and is far from a guitar God when it comes to technical playing.

I find it very interesting, education and motivational to see good players shred and do freaky stuff -- I'm still a guitarplayer and I like to put in a higher gear quite often too if possible. I think it's healthy for my playing and insight in music to see, hear and learn from other musicians (guitarists in my case since frankly I'm only focusing on the guitar when I think music) but I would wake up crying if I was to know I would only hear music from Yngwie, SRV and such technical guitarists.

Ah well. Just some of my thoughts. Tap-on!

Don't look at me, swan!