View thread

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/31/2003 5:51 pm
Originally posted by Rrhoads154
Sounds........ fun i gess
Understandable first time playing live... but congrats!
Do u guys evr write any stuff? or is this just a fun cover band u got goin on?

It wasn't my first time playing live, just the drummer and bassist, and the first time singing live for the singer (he was my drummer in another band before, and we did a couple little shows). I've played a few times live, and even had a concert in my backyard (lots of fun - if, for some strange reason, you really want to know more about it, I think I posted something about it before. OK, I found the post) However, that isn't to say that I wasn't nervous about performing and stressed out by the house band guitarist hovering over me, rushing me and generally being very unhelpful.

I've got another band where we do only originals. For now, this band (Please Love Us/We have Hugely Inflated Egos But We're Still Better Than You/Robots Are People, Too/Khakis Are Pants, Too) is strictly a cover band, since I only formed the band for a battle of the bands thing. But, if we get tighter and find a sound, maybe it'll turn into something. The only problem is that the singer isn't really a singer, it's just that the people that will be at the battle of the bands will all know and love him and he has a lot of energy and a good stage presence. So, I seriously doubt (actually I know he won't) that he'll write lyrics and vocal melodies. So, I'd need to find a singer. The other guys are good to go, though.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]