Why a stack?

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/04/2004 11:03 am
Yea Im aware that PAs and Monitors are used at gigs and not the stacks, but as a bedroom guitarist am not budging on my belief that a stack is too extreme and all you need is a small combo.
# 1
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
01/06/2004 3:20 am
Now believe me I am not by any means knocking on stacks. I have a homebuilt Marshall Plexi clone myself with celestron greenbacks. I just love the fact that you can crank the fuc*er up to 11 and piss off the neighbors, but when I go out to play, it doesn't go with me. Nowadays I just take my digitech pedal and patch into the soundboard....
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/06/2004 7:22 am
Originally posted by hairbndrckr
... but when I go out to play, it doesn't go with me. Nowadays I just take my digitech pedal and patch into the soundboard....
Ain't it great how eventually playing music comes back to being about the ears instead of the eyes? :)
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
the fool
the fool
01/06/2004 5:23 pm
probably irrelevant but... what if you're beethoven?
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 4
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
01/06/2004 8:03 pm
If the audience is too stupid to comprehend what your playing,then a stack can only benefit your presence.
Plus you ensure good stage volume(if the p.a sucks).
Try once,fail twice...
# 5
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/07/2004 1:04 am
Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart
If the audience is too stupid to comprehend what your playing,then a stack can only benefit your presence.
Plus you ensure good stage volume(if the p.a sucks).

Dude, who are you, Roger Waters? If you don't like/respect/need your audience, why the heck are you playing music?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 6
the fool
the fool
01/07/2004 6:39 am
many reasons... publicity, to make a statement, to earn a living etc. most musicians do it all the time. just look at that eminem dude for instance- there's this time where he curses his fans and wishes her mom killed on his songs, and then there were these songs when he kisses back his fan's asses and say sorry to his mom and shtuff just so that they'd buy his cd. It's a really strange world we're living in.
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 7
the fool
the fool
01/07/2004 6:43 am
and i'm not saying that it's bad or anything... i guess, as long as you're not killing anyone or doing something that will land you some serious jail time, and it works, then just do it.

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.