View post (bright pickups)

View thread

concrete chaos
concrete chaos
12/30/2003 11:58 pm
well i have a marshal 100w vs 2000 avt series. i dont have a range of effect pedals [yet....mainly cus of my lack of knowledge so far] but i have a digitech metal zone.

i usually use the pedal on clean. with low gain, volume mid, presence full, master volume a bit higher than mid. and the volume and tone knobs on the guitar at full.

when i dont use the pedal...and just use clean i put the gain a bit higher, and have the treble low, the middle in the middle hehe, and bass almost full depends how deep i want the sound to be.

and when i use the od's i have their gain on high to get more of a crunch, treble and bass again depending on the preference...

but mostly i find no difference when i turn down the tone knobs on my guitar. i always have presence on full, and mostly i use the hum pickup cus the single ones tend to sound more like dirty, if i can use that as a description..... i hope this is sufficient info....

but specially when i use the pedal i get a lot of noise...ok i know theres noise reducers but i wanan be sure its not my lacking before i go and get loads of equippment ive basically only had the electric for a year..and im still looking for a nice sound.

so someone will ask me what sound are you looking for, but i cant give a straight answer to that cus it always depends on what i feel like expressing....i listen to loads of trash and metal and i luv that type sounding guitar but i also listen to a lot of proggressive and psychadelic, basically i dont have a style yet im more concerned with being versatile and doing what i feel like.

so yea maybe the guitar i have doesnt cater for most styles but im not getting another till i know what i exactly want, this one was my first electric so i was like damn which one do i get....since i always liked fender i chose that to start...
'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria