View post (The same idea you had when you got started...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/11/2001 5:21 am
When we first start out on the guitar, or any other instrument for that matter, its safe to say that we all have different intentions. Of course fame and fortune plays a big part in why we got started, (as well as keeping us motivated.) Has your original ideas/intentions changed much over the past several years, as you have opened your eyes to the various options of the music industry, as well as how others approach it? For me, for the most part I've always just focused on becoming an accomplished player, I guess Ive always wanted to get to the point where I could just sit back and relax and play and record naturally, (a way to transfer the music that I heard inside my head through my fingers.) And believe me, you really don't start making progress until you slow down, and just figure out what it is that you desperately want, (beside satisfying the fickle fascinations of others.

For the most part, its always been rather difficult to find the right people who share the same perspective as I do, (or at least something similiar.) Do you feel the same, or perhaps am i just setting my standards too high? Of course we all like cutting loose woith those killer guitar solos and impress our friends as well as those watchin in the wings, (but Ive always felt that creating music is supposed to be a very natural experience. A way to come to a better understanding of exactly who you are and what you like. When auditioning for a band, alot of smart musicians are usually more concerned with whether or you're a sound player, (someone who has that special feeling when it comes to music), instead of lightning speed licks. Basically everyone is looking for sometrhing different, all in all I try to keep an open mind.

try try try...

-Joseph, :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."