The life of a Musician!

Joseph
Joseph
12/27/2003 6:26 pm
The life of a musician, it's not easy. I taught music in private schools for years, now being that my schedule is less hectic so to speak, and my job is currently part time, I have more options readily available.

A question I must ask myself...

Should I become another one of the statistics in the ever growing industry of struggling musicians?

Should I try to find success in a world where opinions change faster than our underpants?

Should I take more chances in the new year and try to get my music off the ground on a universal level, and can I do it by myself?

Those are more than one question, in case you haven't noticed, but it's something that every 'musician' must consider time after time. Personally, when it comes to success, for me it has nothing to do with money, for me it has a lot to do with improvement. As long as I feel like I'm improving as an artist as the years progress, as long as I feel like I'm going somewhere then I will continue this process of elimiation. And when I say elimination, I mean that in a good way.

I love making music, and when the new years rolls around, I will put more effort into just doing it, without thinking too much and without second guessing myself.

I think you just have to do it, and that's basically it. If it doesn't work out as well as you expected, you just have to ask yourself if you had fun doing it.

So, I'm glad I'm able to share this with you guys, and please feel free to answer some of the questions I've laid before you, because I'm not ready to answer each and every one of them, not just yet...

Thanks for reading, and have a happy new year!
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
the fool
the fool
12/30/2003 3:50 am
I was carefully reading your post but from the looks of it, I think you've already found the answers to your questions :)
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/30/2003 2:18 pm
Whoa... where've you been, Joseph? We've thought you'd been kidnapped or something.... j/k
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3
the fool
the fool
12/30/2003 3:36 pm
maybe he took a break to find the meaning of life (a musician's life to be specific)
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.