Iced Earth Fans

Bodomchild
Bodomchild
12/27/2003 4:15 pm
As you probably know, Ripper Owens will be the vocalist on their next patriotic release entitled "The Glorious Burden."
From what I have heard, Matt Barlow has left the band to pursue a career in politics (apparently, 9/11 really affected him). He makes a cameo in the power ballad "When the Eagle Cries" and does the backing vocals. Awesome.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand, I have a demo of this release and Ripper sings with more passion and conviction on this than anything he has done with Judas Priest. It seems to me he is exploring different voice characterizations and I really like what I hear. On some songs he is reminiscent of Ronnie James Dio and Rob Halford (the Halford interpretations are uncanny). The vocal range this guy has is absolutely mind blowing and I don't think you guys will be disappointed.
# 1
Inisfail
Inisfail
12/28/2003 2:40 pm
Doesnt know that guy at all.. Anyway, allthough I'm very doubting american politic I still like the music that Iced Earth does. I hope I will like the new album as well..
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 2
Bodomchild
Bodomchild
12/28/2003 3:37 pm
Ripper (Tim) Owens is the former vocalist of Judas Priest that replaced Rob Halford who is now back with JP. There was a little controversey a few years back when Hollywood put out a movie entitled "Rockstar" that was based on this story. Judas Priest was not happy about it (although I thought the movie was rather entertaining).

The new Iced Earth album comes out January 12 in Europe and the 13th in the states. Not every song is great but for the mostpart, it is truly incredible especially the vocal work.
There is even a song that sounds like Rob Halford singing for Demons and Wizards. Probably my favorite track off the disc.

# 3
sambob
sambob
12/28/2003 4:09 pm
I haven't to say I'm not all that exicted about it. I can't stand when bands change their lineups so much.

Demons and Wizards.. I have to wonder when the next album comes out, I loved the first one.
# 4
Bodomchild
Bodomchild
12/28/2003 8:52 pm
Yeah, John Schaffer is a perfectionist and I hear tough to work with.
My friend and I had a chat about this and we give Ripper one more album before he gets cut.

As far as Demons and Wizards goes, I haven't heard anything.

# 5
Guitar-Sam
Guitar-Sam
12/29/2003 5:10 pm
I wasn't so much for Iced Earth but Demons and Wizards kicked @ss!I hope to see another album sometime.
Certiied Stratocaster NUT!!
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.