Howard Dean

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/24/2003 3:52 pm
I was just flipping through my News Week magazine, and I read a interview of Howard Dean.
Q:Are you an Old Democrat or a New Democrat?
A: I don't fit into an ideology. I look at facts and then decide what's teh best thing to do. Now, I believe in social justice. But I also know that you can't have social justice if you don't balnance the budget. I'm very conservative about money.

That make him sound like a libretarian, and I'm pretty sure he was very liberal about everything. Maybe he meant he was conservative on spending, but he still likes having government programs hence raising taxes. What do you guys think about him as far as where is political beliefs stand?

# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/24/2003 4:56 pm
Uh...Howard Dean is no libertarian. Howard Dean is by far the most radically liberal of the nine democratic candidates. His political beliefs are VERY liberal, which would hurt him in the general election should he run. Dean is the most likely of the nine to win the nomination, and the least likely to win the general election. He's just too far left to win over the moderate portion of the population, and his radical statements during the primary season will hurt him drastically in the general election. He's a great guy, just a little crazy. Ran a fantastic campaign though, I'll give him credit where it's due. Unfortunately for most of you, though, he has very little chance against Bush with the economy on the rebound and Saddam captured. For the win, I'd say the Dems need to nominate Kerry or Clark. They won't nominate Kerry because he ran a poor primary campaign that could be defined in three words: "Following Dean's example." They won't nominate Clark because he holds too many Republican beliefs and they wouldn't want to elect a Republican in Democrats clothing. Dean seems the likely pick for the nomination, sadly. I hope he's ready to be disappointed.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/24/2003 4:57 pm
I like Howard Dean alot. I hope he wins the Democratic bid, and then goes on to face Bush in the election. Howard definately has my vote. But, hell, I'd vote for Al Sharpton over Bush. :D I voted for Gore in 2000 and was really upset about the hijinx in Florida. As far as Dean's political agenda he reminds me alot of Clinton. He's a Washington outsider, a very successful governor of a small state. He focuses on domestic issues (as opposed to gallyvanting around the world enforcing his beliefs on other countries). He's already said that if elected he'll repeal the Bush tax cuts (which did way more harm than good unless you have millions anyway). Support for Dean has waned recently due the the falsified sense of accomplishment of Bush capturing Saddam. However, I am very confident that there's enough time between now and the election for Bush to screw up another big issue. As to the "conservative about money" he definately meant he's not a huge spender. Remember during the Clinton years when we had federal budget surpluses? Then Bush weaseled his way into office and became the biggest presidential spender in history.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/24/2003 5:03 pm
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson
Howard Dean is by far the most radically liberal of the nine democratic candidates.

Sorry Jolly, gonna have to bust your balls on that statement. The distinction to the most radically liberal of the nine democratic candidates easily goes to Dennis Kucinich. He publicly supports legalizing marijuana, not a bad idea in my opinion, but definately puts him the farthest to the left.
My YouTube Profile
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/24/2003 5:05 pm
Ok, I should have said the most radically liberal of the candidates who have a chance at getting the nomination. Kucinich couldn't get a win if he were Jesus Christ.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 5
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/24/2003 8:05 pm
Deans aproach of being radically liberal is okay in the primaries. He's trying to get the democrat's votes right. I'm sure once the main election goes into swing he'll tone it down slightly. I doubt anyone else is going to be Dean, because everyone else who is running on the liberal side is trying to be like him.

# 6
metalisbest
metalisbest
01/04/2004 10:25 pm
Who cares? They are all greasy liberals, and Bush is going to win anyways. If Gore had taken his place then we would all be dead by now or our new ruler would Saddam himself.
# 7
SPL
SPL
01/05/2004 12:46 am
Originally posted by metalisbest
...and Bush is going to win anyways.

Dear god I hope you'll be proven wrong!
# 8
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/05/2004 2:25 am
I'll second that.
My YouTube Profile
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.