Guitar war thoughts?

brendonm
brendonm
12/22/2003 4:38 am
Hey everybody, whats goin on?

I've been kind of curious about guitarwar.com for a long time now..it looks so awesome! i'm finally ready to join tonite and just want to ask everybody's opinion about it. Good things, bad things, general attitude, etc

thanks
Brendon
# 1
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
12/22/2003 4:46 am
I can't tell you about guitarwar because I never joined it, although I'm still thinking about it. :) However, there's another guitar competition site called http://www.guitarbattle.com which I participate at regularly. My username there is Plasmaball. I can't tell you which is better, but I'd assume that guitarwar is because it's a pay site. You probably would be better off there if you're looking to improve your technique, skills, or whatever. However, if you're just looking for a good battle, guitarbattle is pretty fun. The calibre of talent on these sites is phenomenal. You're against the 'creme de la crop'. It's certainly a fun way to meet new musicians, exchange ideas, and showcase your talent. :)
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/23/2003 1:10 am
What if you're not quite up to post-berklee-graduate calibre? Do they match you up with people with similar abilities on guitarwar.com?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
Death55
Death55
12/23/2003 7:53 pm
Yes, there are different catagories. If you are really good you can participate in the pro war or if your not so good you can participate in the amature war or get put against against people that of your own standard. Thats all i really know. I'm hoping to sign up soon :)
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 4
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
12/23/2003 8:21 pm
You have to have a halfway decent recording setup,am I right?It would just be lousy if I put my roland cube up to my crappy pc mic and played with no bass or drum track.
Try once,fail twice...
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.