View post (what does a series effects loop do? marshall dsl 40 or avt please help me decide)

View thread

TheTrooper
TheTrooper
12/19/2003 3:40 am
The amps I currently trying to decide over (Avt 50 and Dsl 40) Have effects loops the avt is a series and the dsl is a parralel, but I dont know what they do, can someone explain?.

If you guys dont mind, could you help me decide between the two I appreciate everyones input whatever type of music you play, but I want to know which amp will give me the best 80's metal tone i,e Maiden, Sabbath, Preist. I was at guitar center for like 3 hours last night comparing just about all the amps they had and the ones that stuck out to me were a peavy xxl half stack, and the avt 50 combo. I want a tube amp and that is why I am considering the dsl 40 but when I played it didn't have the tight punchy overdrive that the avt and xxl had, it seemed more suited for blues or rock but its tube and I was wondering if maybe I can put an overdrive pedal in front of it, and I was considering an overdrive pedal anyways for a neo-classical tone. The good thing about the dsl is that it has three channels unlike the avt, but if I have an overdrive pedal cant I just use it as my lead channel.Also people (guitar center creeps and harmony central reviews)are telling me the avts sound good when your jamming alone but bad when your playing with a band ,

basically I want the tight overdrive iron maiden has along with their lead along with sabbath's and dio's heavy tone without having to go out and buy a marshall stack and jmp 1 preamp.

What should I go with the tube or hybrid