View post (writing lyrics)

View thread

concrete chaos
concrete chaos
01/20/2004 9:12 am
i didnt bother to read whats already been said so i may be repeating

dont think about lyrics as lyrics if u see it as a final product ull rule out soo many possiblities of ways words can fall together...if u feel a tune start humming and blurt out the first words in ur head.

right stuff down bits and pieces so u become more comfortable with expressing urself u have to train urself to become a better medium for inspiration.

ive been trying to write for a long time..lyrics, but im always thinking of songs in a subconcious way and how they "should" be. u have this preconception of the way it should be verse/chorus/verse u dont wanan end up sounding boring...i mean well my personal taste is that i dont like verse/chorus/verse patterns.

But just write and dont be afraid of it turning out to be pathetic..i read som stuff i wrote at 16 man haha..but at the time it helped me write better things, i cant say i have perfected it and like hell i wish i could write the amazing somgs - but they are that cus theyre honest songs .

so relax and write. if that abstract help helped..
'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria