Thought

daveasdf
daveasdf
12/15/2003 2:27 am
Lets say you reach an inspiring hight in whatever you consider important, be it career, hobby, something you perhaps you center your life around. I'm not thinking in terms of music, just in general. You're at the top of your game or considered a key player or are well secure in what you do.

Then for some reason, you lose it.

You go down to one of the first stages your were at when you were first starting out. The people around you relating to this subject now are the people you rose above in your quest earlier on. You now have to deal with them instead of people you know are supierior to them and who you've been dealing with all along after surpasing this stage.

I think it's extremely important to come to terms with the fact that you're now once again a member of this stage you find yourself in. You are one of them again and the difficulties you encountered rising above this stage I believe will be equivalant to your prior attempts to rise above it when you were first starting out (be it may for the reasons you find yourself there again in the first place). You can get disgruntled thinking 'I've been so much higher than here' and when your attempts fail thinking this may be enough to quit. You need the mindset you had when you were initially in this stage. It's a setback but everybody encounters setbacks. Take what you learned about rising above and put your frame of mind back to where it was initially when you were at this early stage of whatever it is you do.
# 1
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/15/2003 2:57 am
I'm kinda curious as to what brought this thought on.. It should be easier to re-achieve glory if the road is familiar to you. Then again, why think abstractly in terms of levels of greatness. Seek Buddha and want for nothing.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 2
daveasdf
daveasdf
12/15/2003 3:23 am
lol. I was zoned out after too much reading crap for school, and playing euchre on yahoo. I've got an account with a super high rating, huge, and have recently started a new account just for something to do. But I can't get anywhere with it for some reason. I think partly because I don't care about the rating aspect of it anymore and so subconciously don't feel inclined to win, and partly I'm thinking, I've proven I know the odds incredibly well as proven by my other account and there's no way I can't win given my experience. And I was confused as to why I wasn't making any progress rating wise. All that because of some stupid game. I think I need a girlfriend.

anyway, that thought came as a result of thinking about euchre.
# 3
daveasdf
daveasdf
12/15/2003 3:39 am
thanks for your time lady and gentlemen. i'm now going to take my leave. if i ever get anywhere i'll write back and tell you who i am so you can all worship me lol. lots of insight here.
# 4
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/15/2003 3:59 am
Abstract thought *hold up of crucifix* make it die.
Its sort of like the concept they use in the Matrix movies, and also can be found in The Cave by Aerostotle, oh lord i spelled that wrong. Is it better to be ignorant or to have thought. In other words would you rather be at the bottom, and not know you're at the bottom. Or be at the bottom and know what you're missing at the top. I'm thinking in this situation I'd go with the former. Thats all I've gotta say about that...

# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/15/2003 4:01 am
lol, a fellow Yahoo Euchre junkie. I had a rating up around 2100 before disaster struck. Now I'm down around 1900 I believe. I burnt myself out bad with that game, and what a pain in the ass it was to find people at the table with similar ratings so they wouldn't boot you. And Yes, you do need a girlfriend. Life sucks too much to go through it alone.
My YouTube Profile
# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/15/2003 4:03 am
Originally posted by iiholly
In other words would you rather be at the bottom, and not know you're at the bottom. Or be at the bottom and know what you're missing at the top.

Definately the former. You just reinvented the axiom: Ignorance is Bliss.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/15/2003 3:44 pm
But there is also another point of view which I read in a book the other day about capitalism and communism.
"The uncultivated cannot be competent judges of cultivation," John Stuart Mills.
And that's all I've gotta say about that.

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.