Whats your dream guitar rig??

Guitar-Sam
Guitar-Sam
12/09/2003 3:30 pm
From Guitar to speakers what would be your dream guitar rig??Lets say some one gave you money to buy this setup,so money is no option.
Yep,this is one of those"What if you won the lottery" questions.
Anyway here goes:
1969 NOS Fender Custom shop strat(3toneSB/maple)
and
BC Rich USA handmade neckthru mockingbird w/Duncans,tune-O-matic bridge and that candy red color
-into-
1)Samson wireless system
2)Vox wah-wah
3)Digitech delay
4)Digitech multi chorus
5)Soldano 12ax7 tube distortion pedal
6)Boss stage tuner
All on a nice board w/power supply
(No rack stuff as I'm a technical idiot w/ a temper)
-into-
Pair of 50watt Marshall 1987x "plexi" heads and 1960AX slant cabs w/ greenbacks.Run one as my amp and the other slaved off the first.
-or-
one 1987x and one silver jubalee head hooked of an A/B-Y box
same cabs

Certiied Stratocaster NUT!!
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/10/2003 12:57 am
My own custom guitar. Maybe one from Ran, one from Fender, one from Schecter, one from Gibson, one from Jackson, and one from Tom Driskill, and then pick one by my mood. Just to pick one it would likely be the one from fender.

guitar-->boss metal2-->Ibanez Stompbox-->random assortment of crap, not yet sure what-->Cry baby wah-->split signal to-1->Fender combo-2->mesa mark 4-->4x10 cab 3/4 back angled. Or something like that, I don't know anywhere near as much about equipment as I should.

"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
Guitar-Sam
Guitar-Sam
12/11/2003 4:06 pm
Aww come on!! I'm the only one who dreams about gear??I keep a musicians freind catalog on the toilet tank and I know I ain't the only one!!
Certiied Stratocaster NUT!!
# 3
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/11/2003 9:28 pm
I dream about gear, I just don't know enought about it and I don't have any catalogues. And I'm a bit financially underweight thanks to textbooks.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 4
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/13/2003 8:55 pm
Man...I am a certified Gearhead.

I would take a vast amount of gear and then arrange it depending on my mood till I find a nice combo.
Lets Start.

Guitars: a Prs custom shop single cut and a Prs custom Swamp ash with three P-90s;a Gibson les Paul custom;Custom Brian Moore; a Godin Lgxt; a few Taylors and Martins and maybe one or two ovations...and some vintage Fender Tele`s and Jazz masters...or anything else I see that takes my fancy.oh and a Gibson Sg Voodoo.

Effects boxes: a Line 6 Dm 4, and an od-20, a Line 6 Podxt Pro,many many boss pedals and chromatic tuner, a Digitech xp400 Space Station, a Hughes and Kettner Tube man. and a Dunlop Cry baby wah.

Amps: Laney vc50; Hughes and Kettner Triamp mk2; a Crate Blue Voodoo head, a Marhsall 1959slp and a Mesa Roadking head..all palyed through Hughes and Kettner 4x12 cabs...except the 1959slp which will be played through an old Marshall 4x12 cab

I would arrange these into two or three lines...with the H+k triamp as one amp and the Roadking on as the second, maybe the slp...I dunno, but I am gettin all ecited just thinking of it.Why do you do it to me Guitar Sam? Why?

[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 5
Fenderman
Fenderman
12/15/2003 2:59 am
Originally posted by Guitar-Sam
Aww come on!! I'm the only one who dreams about gear??I keep a musicians freind catalog on the toilet tank and I know I ain't the only one!!

Thats exactly what I do, along with a Brook Mays catalog.

Changing the subject. I would like a Peavey xxx cabinet, with an Ibanez tone blaster head.Two 350 watt Marshall Stack packages (like System of a Down's guitarist,Daron).A custom made Les Paul.Jackson Dinky DXMG.The late Kurt Cobains entire setup, and a great band to play with.
Did you know that the wallpaper talks.SHHH! Who said that?
# 6
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/15/2003 4:18 am
Originally posted by aiwass
A custom Driskill Diablo and a Diezel Herbert. Maybe a wah too. Probably an RMC or Fulltone.

I can't believe I forgot to mention that. I've been a huge Driskill fan for a long time. I'll probably never have the $$ to justify getting something made by him, but if I did it wouldn't be a hard decision.
-A.H.
# 7
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
12/15/2003 5:51 am
Guitars: American fender strat and Tele, Prs Single cut, Gibson Les Paul and sg, joe perry boneyard les paul, taylor accoustic, guild double guitar...i forget the name, the one slash endorses

picks ups: fender texas specials, seymour duncan alnico pro 2 humbukers, emg 81/85,

Effects: ibanez tubescreamer, boss od3, digitech whammy pedal, vox waa pedal, digi delay, boss gt 6

gear: planet waves cables

amps (this is where i get messy): Fender twin 65 for cleans, marshell jcm 900 stack, mesa boogie rectifer, vox ac30 for brit rock, jc 120 for clean metallica only..but not necesary..., line 6 vetta for when i get kids so they can play around with it... and cant forget a traynor ycv 20...(not so much for performance as for heart)

extras: hot goupie women to hang of the gear to add that o so need sex appeal!

Sound proof studio thats about 20x20 ft

WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 8
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/16/2003 7:39 pm
WWWHHHAAAATTTT?
Groupies near your gear, I wouldnt let them touch my stuff.

Even now, no one is allowed near my Gibson except for folks that I know play guitar and know how to treat the most beautiful piece of wood in the world...and If I owned a Jcm900 or a Mesa, no women who doesnt play guitar is going anywhere near em, same goes for men who dont play...What if they damage ****?

[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 9
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/16/2003 7:47 pm
Then they had better be wealthy groupies.
-A.H.
# 10
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/16/2003 8:51 pm
guitars: PRS custom 24, PRS McCarty, PRS Hollowbody II, Gibson Les Paul Supreme, Gibson ES-335, Custom Peavey Wolfgang, Fender American Strat, and Taylor acoustics

amps: Marshall JTM45, Marshall JCM800, both going to vintage Marshall cabs, Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 combo, and Fender 65 Twin reverb

effects: rack mount reverb, delay, and modulation units, cry baby wah, Line6 DM4 distortion modeler, volume pedal, and a custom pedal bored to control rack units

too bad this dream rig will probably never become reality...:(

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 11
ajbongiovanni
ajbongiovanni
12/17/2003 2:10 am
Guitar: Angus Young SG
Amp: Marshall Half Stack
Pedal: Zoom Pedal
Wah Wah: Dunlop Crybaby
Miscallaneous: Boss Flange
Jimi Hendrix is the best guitarist
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.