Dynamics changes

nastrum
nastrum
12/09/2003 10:42 am
I might be getting into a band situation soon, so I'm concerned as to whether or not my songs will translate well into the new scenario.

Considering that most of them were written on guitar, then bass added (and sometimes a second guitar), then lyrics and vocal melodies added, and in some cases, drums added (even though I suck at drums), should I assume that most of these will be history because I wrote them and not 'the band'?

Otherwise, if they sound good and reasonably polished as just one instrument, would adding all the other elements make or break them?

Or perhaps I just resent playing anyone else's songs.

-nastrum

Quite frankly, i don't expect anyone to reply, but if you've been here before, how did it work out?
# 1
perry
perry
12/10/2003 5:46 pm
Good songs are good songs regardless of how they were written or who wrote them . if youre going to be in a band then its important for the band to respect the stuff you like and want and viceaversa. so yes you should expect at lesat some of your material to make the translation. if they are not cool with it they arent cool at all. if its just a cover band then youre in a different boat but you can still sneak them in.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.