BC Rich Mockingbird platinum vs NJ

Guitar-Sam
Guitar-Sam
12/08/2003 9:57 pm
What is the differance in features between the NJ series and the platinum series.I mean why are the NJ's selling for $250 more??
I've had two platinum series and have been pleased with both.I've found them loud,full and sweet.Through a Fender deluxe and tube screamer mine ulls off a great Santana and through the Marshall can pull anywer from rock to metal depending on gain.Only problem I've found is it won't clean up by backing down the volume,which I think is wrong K pots as they don't loss volume till they cut off.
Anyway I A/B'ed mine with a NJ the NJ had diamond inlays and 24 frets and a Floyd Rose.But in comparison sounded weak,acoustically too.Are they fetching $250 more just for the stinkin Floyd bridge and two frets??Are they the same pups and wood??
Or is it coincidence that I just got two good platinums in a row??I remember one guy asking me "Oh you got and NJ right not one of those Platinum thins right??"Whats the deal??Mine fairs well with my Duncan equiped vintage strats(PS I passed up an early 80s mint neckthru mockingbird w/candy red burst and switching options in origanal case for one of these strats,this was 10 yrs ago its prolly worth a mint now).
Certiied Stratocaster NUT!!
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/08/2003 10:08 pm
I don't know about that model specifically, but I did a bit of research into the Virgin not too long ago and the NJ virgin is definitely made with better materials and is better put together than the platinum.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
Death55
Death55
12/09/2003 9:56 am
It depends what you want. I would go for the platinum. If you really want a floyd rose and 24 frets you might as well just go for another make of guitar.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 3
Guitar-Sam
Guitar-Sam
12/11/2003 4:17 pm
Yea I have the platinum allready.I don't like the Floyd rose bridges or any floating tremolo for that matter break a high E in the middle of a song and you all outta tune.Not to mention needing a tool kit to change the strings.Not to mention the fuller sound of the LP style bridge on the platinums.
I installed a brass nut and in/out phase switchs on mine and the middle pickup combo sounds just like a strat out of phase.What a nice guitar.Basicall the mockingbirds are very powerfull strats interms of sounds anyway.
Reason I'm gathering info is I'm interested in one of the NJ neckthrus.Problem is the color I really like only comes with the D@mn Floyd rose.
Certiied Stratocaster NUT!!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.