View post (Practice)

View thread

the fool
the fool
01/05/2004 7:08 am
i usually spend around 7 hours playing the guitar- that's composing, critically studying songs, perfecting my fingerings, tempo, timing, inversions, making up chords, practicing scales/ riffs- basically whatever my head tells my hand to do at the spur of the moment. But I don't play 7 hours straight. I usually have a life besides the guitar so my typical schedules like practicing for 3 1/2 hours in the mornin and then 3 1/2 hours at night. When I'm busy it's like 2 hours in the morning, 1 hour in the washroom, 2 hours in the afternoon, 1 hour in the washroom, and then 1 hour before I got to bed. It really depends on my schedule you know?
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"