View post (Practice)

View thread

ravenx495
ravenx495
04/20/2007 12:33 am
Originally Posted by: WeslabaPracticing is tough I have realized. I could say i practice about an average of 3 hrs a day, but It's really more just jamming and "playing" than practice. I finally found something that works for me while practicing, which was a big help after being stuck in a rut of repetition for the past few months. I found that for me, I need to... get out those old scale worksheets that my teacher gave me, work on especially stuff thats hard for me to do (work the pinky!). Also play CLEAN. No effects or anything, not even reverb, so that I can troubleshoot my mistakes. This isn't so ba in my case considering the fabulous fender clean channel, but still. And also play around with some songs to keep your interest, but break em down and find out whats happening theory wise. Worked for me, might help someone else. Peace.

Bout a year ago, I would just jam for hours and not do solid practice. Then, I realized just practicing my shredding and not practicing scales, jazz, classical a lot wasn't helping me improve. I've gotten overthis, and I agree that using just clean helps you trouble shoot your mistakes.
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...