Inspiration - The Elusive Vixen

TheDirt
TheDirt
12/01/2003 8:26 am
Why is it that I can sit down and try to write a song for hours (or even days) and come up with nothing good, but when I wake up in the middle of the night at 2:15 a.m. on Monday morning I reach to the side of my bed, sling my guitar up to me and lay out a killer song. Why does Inspiration taunt me like this, and why does she not come when I beckon?

The real point - Is inspiration real? Do you have to wait on it, or can you force out something good if you sit down and try? Intelligence would lead me to believe work is what you need, but Experience is telling me she comes when she wants.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 1
daveasdf
daveasdf
12/02/2003 3:32 am
I've got a feeling there's two types of tunes: technical and felt. When you spend two days piecing together different parts to a tune, I'd call it technical (the majority of your songs on your album inbetween your few felt tunes and those in which your real fans listen to while drug induced). A felt tune is one in which is based around the coolest riff that just somehow appeared and will more likely be a hit tune (applicable to those who listen to the radio).

[Edited by daveasdf on 12-01-2003 at 09:44 PM]
# 2
daveasdf
daveasdf
12/02/2003 2:17 pm
Yeah, that's what I meant except you said it backwards.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.