View post (Good, not so good, and bad experiences with drummers...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/05/2001 12:31 am
The drummer is basically the backbone of a band, and they play a big part in motivating everyone else. Myself, I'm not much of a drummer, but if you're a musician once you find the right addiction to your band A drummer who can really carry his own, it kind of really takes that weight off of your shoulders. Ive been playing bands every since early highschool, but Ive never exactkly found the right drummer who was willing to join our ensemble, and its really frustrating. Because at time, it can be a rather desperate situation where it really screws up everything you've worked for.

At the end of highschool, I really thought our band was takking off, but toward the end our drummer was very lazxy and he just couldn't keep up with the rest of us, (although we all felt he was capable of so much more), his unwillingness to compromise was detrimental to our band. It just got to the point where it literally sounded as if he was falling asleep at the set. He left the band, everyone else went in oppositie direction as a result, (which kind of helped me realize that I was the only serious one to begin with.:eek: Its very hard to keep things together when you have to do it all by yourself. But all in all, I love music Ive never stopped recording at home, its just something I love, which helps me get in ytouch with feelings that I never knew existed before. But I've aleways tried to get something started again, but to no avail. I guess when you're a musician, you never stop trying, but keep in mind theres a big difference between aspiring rockstars and aspiring musicians...A big difference...

Perhaps you want to share your horror stories, or then again some high hopes, :).

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."