View post (Marcus Paus)

View thread

JSV
JSV
11/29/2003 1:47 am
...but, for every person to bash B. he'd get 10 people signing up to his message board begging to be let in on...

I don't know which pieces you cats checked out??
After listening to "Hell Ride Lick...", virtually ANY musician with an ear & a feel for the quality of melodic content will find that to be a buch of noise. SURE, in its own respect; it's MUSIC. I'm sure Paganini could've written music(??) like that but chose to retain SOME of his dignity.

"BASHING", I feel, would be a more appropriate term if people were making judgmental comments about the PERSON based on what he chooses to perform/produce. If one voices a comment or an opinion that a PARTICULAR score is not interesting (or what have you), I wouldn't see THAT as "bashing" a player??
(If THAT's what people were doing, I don't think it's fair.)

I heard that "Secret-Mr. Cucumber" (same cats playing?? I dunno'?), but there's obviously content that most experienced musicians would find to possess a redeeming quality, no?? (even though a few vioce-leadings in the faster sections f*q'd w/my lower intestine) These cats are certainly no Grimmies', Daddy-0'. They're like, Reeeal Solid-Senders.

Whatever "gets-yer'-rox'-off"! If more speed proves something to some cats, then it just DOES. The more experienced I became; the less I found SPEED being something that "turned-on" listeners. (Unless they were guitarists vying for a competition, with "something to prove"-!??)
If you plan on selling records, FIRST you must generally determine which audience you plan on ENTERTAINING?

If someone like the BOF-a-nator is playing to break a speed record, he/she has my best wishes, sincerely!

If they're SELLING RECORDS with that stuff'... I'll make my own noise, thank you...

~JSV