New GT6

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
11/23/2003 7:17 am
The wife just bought me a Gt6. Can anyone tell me any sites or places where i can find txt. files of patches. The manual is ok but i have found 2 page pamphlets describing nuclear fussion to be more thorough. Any advice/help/cool patches or settings are welcome.

Much Appriated!
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
11/23/2003 2:54 pm
That's what I hate about digital multi-effects , you're definately gonna waste some serious time to get the right tone that matches with your amp.

The most important thing you should learn first is how to change the parameters of each effect , and how to save your setting... I think that there was a small (couple of pages) pamphlet that comes with Boss products called Turbo or Quick Start , read it thoroughly.
From my experience with my GT-3 , I say experiment with the factory set patches first , then do the fine tweaking till you find your optimum tone and save.
The better (harder) way is to make up a patch from nothing , but it's gonna be hard & time consuming since you've got lots of options & combinations to try first.

I've found a lot of GT-3 & GT-5 patches online , and I can tell you that you're not going to find what you're looking for , because of the different amps and so ... I recomend that you waste time with your GT-6 and learn how to get the most of it , instead of wasting your time searching for patches (that you'll eventually don't like) online.
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
11/24/2003 3:44 pm
Try looking for some GT-6 groups online, e.g. on Yahoo. You may need to use a GT-3 or GT-5 group if there are no GT-6 groups or if they're not too popular. The same basic principles apply to all three models.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.