What amp shall i get ?

Death55
Death55
11/22/2003 11:14 pm
I have been looking at all the randall amps and they all seem so expensive. I just wanted to know what randall amp i could get thats good quality and not over £1000. I really like the sound dime bag from pantera gets and also really love michael angelo's tone and i know they both use randall amps. So what would be the best amp to get ??
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 1
TheTrooper
TheTrooper
11/23/2003 7:54 pm
man I've been trying to decide on an amp forever now I want the same thing as you pretty much. I want michael angelos tone and I have like $700 to $800 to spend, but I want a combo. I can deal with a 50 watt as long as it gives me at least two channels and good tones. This is the exact tone I am looking for if you guys dont mind checking it out

http://www.rhinoamps.com/sound_clips.aspx

just copy and paste it to the address bar scroll down a little and click on "Angelo beast clip one" Are there any other combo amps that can give me this tone for less than like $750 if there are just tell me the model name Im pretty sure this is the sound that death55 is looking for. By the way does anyone know what kind of randall michael uses in speed kills or what kind iced earth uses?

P.s I know Ive been bugging everyone on this board about choosing an amp for a while now but I dont want to throw all my hard earned pennies away, because my parents are not puting any money in on this amp.
# 2
Death55
Death55
11/23/2003 9:58 pm
I just saw michael angelo play today at music live and got to meet him :) . He was using peavy amps and was still getting his amazing tone through them ! I checked them out at the arena and they were selling them and they were about £1600. A good create amp might give u a nice tone. Maybe u should check out the good peavy's and create amps.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 3
TheTrooper
TheTrooper
11/23/2003 10:21 pm
do you know what model he was using?

# 4
Death55
Death55
11/24/2003 10:55 pm
yeah, he was using the 5150 series peavy amps. I know what u mean when u talk about his picking style but those amps he used definatly sounded nice.. i should know i saw him play twice and was at the front both times ! Do u know if he uses a destortion pedal ? I could only see the pedal to switch between amps and this other one that was to do with clean and distortion channels.
# 5
TheTrooper
TheTrooper
11/25/2003 4:50 am
well I bought some jazz 111 picks today and played some more amps I tryed the line 6 spider two its pretty cool and also some crates just for the hell of it. I wish guitar center had randalls Ive never played one and I am curious to what they sound like.
# 6
SRVPlayer14
SRVPlayer14
11/30/2003 3:57 am
If you could afford it I would get am Mesa Boogie, if not go for Marshall. Don't get a crate, randall would be better, but again it's you more than the amp.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.