View post (Yet another crazy scheme)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
11/20/2003 2:34 am
I'm known for crazy guitar ideas, and here is my newest one, which is basically the same thing as my old one, with a few updates, etc. This is the *New* Electronics layout; Keep in mind this is an electric guitar.

[u]*The Pickups* [/u]
* Three Humbuckers- Dimarzio
* Piezo Bridge- Fishman
* MIDI Pickup- Roland

[u]*The On-board Controls*[/u]
* Master Volume
* Master Tone
* One Five-Way pickup switcher
* Three Coil-Splitter Switches (one per pickup)
* Fishman Bridge System (i'll explain later)****
* SHADOW MIDI system, or another system like it.*****

Here's the idea- With this, I can run three signals at once (all three have seperate volume controls-

-1 is on the actual guitar, that is for the 'guitar signal'
-1 is on the SHADOW MIDI controller, which is external
-1 is on the Fishman Piezo Bridge System

I can wire it where up to all three are running at the same time, if i choose to do so, or just one going (for example, if i want to do an acoustic set, i can roll the volume down all the way on my guitar signal and my MIDI signal, all signals will be running at all times btw, and anyways, there are alot of options with that).
What's nice about the Piezo is that with the Fishman piezo (and the system i'll have running it), i can control treble, bass, midd, presence, volume, phase, etc, all in a little 3" by 3" control system, which i'll have implanted into the guitar, right on the surface, for ease of use. I've been looking into more advanced Fishman Bridges (more equalization) as well.

The Idea of the SHADOW MIDI (or a program similar) is that I don't need another footswitch for it, which is nice.

Of course, I still have my UGB running and my effects running pre-volume, pre-tone, allowing me absolute control of my effects...Just in an even more efficient manner, now.

I'm trying to find a system that has internal MIDI, but that also has controls for it, so i wouldn't need a footswitch. Any ideas? What do you think?

~Incidents