Kid Rock @ AMA

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
11/18/2003 5:38 pm
Did anyone here watch the American Music Awards? I watched some, and there was some pretty bad music played...

Anyways, there was a really cool thing that Kid Rock did. He was doing a cover of "Feel Like Making Love" (which, btw, I think is really stupid; to have a cover as the big single off an album, and then to parade it around while it's already being overplayed on the radio). Needless to say, I was not overly impressed as he started up; it was just him and an acoustic guitar, he was wearing a cowboy hat, and some unseen band playing a little bit of accompaniment. So, he's singing the first verse, it's pretty lame, and I think he'll break into the chorus and it'll be more lame. But what does he do, but, just before the chorus, jump up, literally throw (with quite some force) the acoustic to a crew guy, rips the cowboy hat off his head, grabs the mike, meanwhile, the curtain behind him flies up and there's a full band behind him.

There was a really stupid sign that must have been about 20 feet tall that said "LOVE", but I guess that could have been a really funny thing if Kid Rock was aware of the stupidity of it, which he probably is. There was this huge black mama playing drums and singing backup, which I thought was really cool, too! The guitarists were OK, but there wasn't as much focus on the solos as in the Bad Company version.

Anyways, I thought I'd share this with you, 'cause it blew me away when I saw it. Reminded me a bit of a trick that I heard Jethro Tull pulled in Hamilton...
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 1
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
11/21/2003 2:55 am
I love Kid Rock, thought i wouldnt but the riffs on his albums are nice and southern rock orientated. Very Skynryd...loving it.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
11/21/2003 5:26 am
I'll admit that I'm just a bit confused by a guy who chooses to be associated with both a tawdry, tacky bimbo like Pamela Anderson, and a balls-out great rock song like "Feel Like Making Love".

Perspicacious mind in a hormone-wracked body???
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Slasher
Slasher
11/21/2003 11:06 pm
I thought Kid n Pam had split up?
Kid Rock, decent music. Not great but listenable to. I like the style of his last album.
Remember, the chickens that fly will always beat the rubber plants that bounce!
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
11/21/2003 11:16 pm
Originally posted by Slasher
I thought Kid n Pam had split up?...
Naw, Kid Rock and Tommy Lee are sharing her! Oooog. :p
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.