H-207 wont do anything but buzz....

Seiko_Hejiro
Seiko_Hejiro
11/08/2003 10:52 am
Ey,

So I have this H-207 right, and it worked for a good month fine until the day I decided to figure out what was up with the loose volume pot. The loose pot was bothering me and the guitar had shocked me a few times mildly while playing it, obviously not something to keep in my hands much longer. SO I open it up and the wiring looked fine. SO I go ahead and tighten the pot into place. Now with that fixed I tighted the volume knob and such and made sure it was solid. Plug the guitar in and it does nothing but return loud buzzing. Nothing more, nothing less. Simple annoying static buzz. So Now i reopen the back and check the wiring more thoroughly and discover a white wire is not connected to anything. I figure it was connected to the volume pot because it looks like it was going in that direction and it had broken it's connection there. Get out the solder and resolder it in place. Plug the guitar in again, and no dice. It still wont work. So Now I am completely stuck on this problem of fixing the damned H-207, so it plays again.

Any help would be great.

# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
11/09/2003 6:56 pm
Without a schematic drawing to show you 'what goes where', you're going to have to take it in to a tech, or trust to your luck in finding the right place to reconnect that wire. I recommend taking it in. You might do some permanent damage on your own.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Seiko_Hejiro
Seiko_Hejiro
11/09/2003 7:45 pm
Right, any idea what the problem might be though? I have the distinct impression the guitar was not wired comparably like any of the seymore duncan wiring diagrams would suggest you should do it. The guitar's wiring is all messed up. However the broken solder was pretty obvious the wire didn't have but an inch of length to it and one place to go from there.

Taking it in is looking to be the solution at this point.

Update: Guitar now fixed and working other than the slight problem of not being entirely ground. Oh well can't win em all, I might just take it into a tech to get a professional opinion on it. Otherwise I can play it just fine under the risk of being shocked a bit.

[Edited by Seiko_Hejiro on 11-10-2003 at 01:45 AM]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.