Cancelled Gigs

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/30/2000 6:22 pm
I just had a new years gig cancelled on me. It's the kind of thing I find incredibly irksome, I mean, I was really looking forward to this, then *phhhhhht* gone.
Any similar stories out there? Tips on how to avoid this. Personally, I had a few of my friend's call in asking for reservations to see the band (forcing the venue to explain why they cancelled).
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/30/2000 6:39 pm
Hopefully you got a signed contract.
I learned years ago not to trust bar owners & such. I've had several scams pulled on me after it was too late ...
"No...I said I'd pay you $500 for the whole weekend, not per night" or
"Somebody in your band damaged our 'stage/board/lighting so you only get half pay'" or
"We didn't get as many customers as we usually do so we can't pay you."
Even had one guy say we used too much 'electricity' with our lighting system...
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/30/2000 7:26 pm
much to the venue's credit, the band (it's not my band, I was to be filling in) had played their a couple of weeks ago and nobody showed up because the weather sucked, but they still payed up without trying to back out of it or haggle, then asked them to play new years for $100 more than they had just payed. The resons they backed out on this one was that several (like 6 or 7) of the regulars complained (basicly they want about 5 top 40 CD's on shuffle, not blues/ rock), and the weather is supposed to be bad again (we think). Anway, their was no contract, if they try and book my band, I'll probably turn it down.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.