View post (Wah pedal woes...)

View thread

Displacer
Displacer
11/04/2003 2:16 pm
Hey everyone, I got a Dimebag signature wah pedal about 6 months ago and already something is wrong with it. I had a Jim Dunlop crybaby before that and it also stopped woring one day...but my history with wah pedals aside i was wondering if anyone knew what was wrong with it and how to fix it? I didn't buy it in this country and Dunlop screwed me out of a warranty deal...im pretty lost.

basically when i put the battery (new, and i've tried a 9V plug) and the lead in the input jack the green LED (on) doesn't light up. However, there is a booster function on the side which also has an LED, when I press the booster it lights up fine. But no green LED. I looked inside and saw no loose connections or anything wrong like that that I could see. What should I do? do you think a music store would be able to fix it easily or would it cost an arm and a leg? is there any DIY way of doing it? apart from the fact that its not going on I have no clue what is wrong with it. Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks!

Dispy

ps - forgot to tell you, there is two input sockets...tried both of them and neither are lighting up the green LED.