fingers- wtf?

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
10/29/2003 6:50 pm
I'm having a bit of trouble with playing guitar lately. Before coming to college I weighed 104 pounds and I'm m/18/5 foot 6, so I was pretty thin. I've been gaining a lot of weight since then and one of the changes is now my fingers are different, they're thicker, more fleshy, and a bit different shape. I can't play very well anymore because I don't recognize the feel of anything. So, how do I adjust to this?
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
10/29/2003 9:07 pm
How much do those cost? Money is gonna be a bit scarse for me for a while because it's getting to be winter here in Iowa and I still need to buy a coat.

I should probably just get a cheaper coat than what I'm looking for. I'm hoping to find something like what the singer from Disturbed wears in the 'prayer' video, only more solid than a dress coat because I'm gonna need something I can close. Trouble is I would need to get it at least partially custom tailored to fit my shoulders and that's gonna bite the a$$ off my wallet.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
sambob
sambob
10/29/2003 9:38 pm
Well, best custom coats you can get in my opinion are from http://www.abbyshot.com

Not too much more expensive than coats of the same type that aren't custom made, and of course these are. I really like them, trench coat functionality (can't believe i'm saying that about a coat!), but with the style and comfort (and warmth in the winter!) of a wool or cashmere top coat.
# 3
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
10/30/2003 5:21 am
Looks a good company, but I'm trying to avoid that price range.
-A.H.
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
10/31/2003 7:03 pm
Ok, back on subject. I've been kind of wondering about something. You all know how much tone comes from the fingers, right? Or at least I hope you all do. Anyways, I've been wondering how it is that my fingers have changed past the point where I recognize their feel, but I'm still able to get the same tone? Anyone have any ideas?
-A.H.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.