View post (Analyze this!)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
11/01/2003 4:25 pm
Originally posted by griphon2
I V with a variation. Why is this so difficult? There is NO analysis. It's horribly simple! Understanding that proper theory is a method of analysis. X, simple rules apply.

Sounds like your saying all analysis can be considered I or V with a variation. Maybe I miss read you but I know I'm not the only one who does cause Griphons' posts never make any sense, at least clear sense. That's how I took it, sorry maybe my misunderstanding.

You can consider a song with a chord progression like the one christoph wrote. Each chord could be some relation to a new tonic, in a way that every chord modulates to a new key. Every chord in a key has some link to the tonic key. V7 or dominants are the same way, as we see cirlce fifth chord progressions (or turnarounds) with all domiannt chords. Every dominant chord changes the key. Ex. E7 - A7 - D7 - G7. Each dominant chord is part of a new diatonic key. The patterns goes E7 is A major, and A7 is D major, and so on.

And NO I don't endorse this way of analyzing, and I hope no one else does. But it can work out as such, and I think griphon was saying that's the simplest way or proper way. The rest of my reply is why.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.