View post (Analyze this!)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
10/26/2003 7:09 pm
Hmmm. Did you actually write that, or did you just write it out to see if anyone could analyze it?? ‘LOL’ Either way I looked at it, gave it a quick though and here is what I came up with.

The first four chords are in the key of G major. The first chord being F#m7b5 which is VII. The second chord is C6/F which the IV chord, with the bass playing a suspension. The third chord is the same C6sus4/E, but this time E (third) is in the bass. The last chord is a C6/E, which is the resolve of the previous chord.

The next four chord seem to jump throughout keys. The last chord of the previous key (C6/E or in this case C augmented 6) is the bVI in the key of E major. So you have your pivot chord. The next chord goes to F#9#5/C# which is II7 in E major and I7 in F#major. Both are secondary dominants. The next chord is C#7b5, which is V7 is F# major and II7 in B major. Again both secondary dominant and again you pivot to a new key. The next chord is A11#5/B which is bVII in B major and V7 in D major. The next chord is A9#5/B which is still V in D major.

The last three chords seem to be in the key of E major. The A9#5 in the previous sequence acts like a pivot chord from V in D and IV in E. The first chord in this sequence is Am/F which is IVmin in E major. The second chord is G#+/B which to me is IIImaj in E, the augmented note is actually E. The last chord is your resolve which is E/B, or I in E major.

Hopefully I didn’t make any mistakes but I’m sure I did. ‘LOL’ Anyways my final assumption is it a very ambiguous chord progression. Did I say very cause I meant very. :)
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.